As part of a broader team of engineers and administrators you will have front-to-back engineering and management ownership for tools and infrastructure used across the company. Depending on your assigned primary focus within the team, this may include systems like AWS, Firewalls, VPN, Confluence, Splunk, Jenkins and other systems.
You will be integral to new releases/upgrades, monitoring their status and working closely with engineers to diagnose and troubleshoot issues. Further responsibilities include access control, capacity management (scaling) and firewall rule management as well as keeping systems patched, up-to-date and available according to our operational and security requirements, while participating in an on-call roster.
To support the automation of all tasks, engineering ad-hoc tools and systems will be a key duty. This role requires you to collaborate with developers to ensure application components produced are compatible and optimised in our production environment and ensure proper workflow tracking (Jira) and documentation (Confluence)
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in varying technical roles
- Background in Linux administration (mainly Debian), other platforms a plus
- Scripting/programming knowledge of at least Python and Unix shell scripting, good knowledge of Golang a strong advantage
- Good understanding of technologies such as Apache, Nginx, Databases (relational and key-value), DNS servers, SMTP servers, etc.
- Good networking understanding (TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- Quick to learn and fast to adapt to changing environments
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, such as AWS
- Excellent communication and organisational skills in English (German is a plus)
- Café and restaurant
- Air-conditioned cinema
- Free breakfast and lunch buffets, snacks and ice-cold drinks
- Sports club
- Fitness studio
- Many extra perks and benefits