Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
What You’ll Do:
Some examples of our projects:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large scale distributed systems.
- Automate, automate, automate and then …. automate!
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform + Puppet to easily build out complex cloud environments
- Chat-based incident communication, reporting, and management tool written in Elixir
- 3+ years experience
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code
- Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- MVC Web Frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Webservers (Apache, Nginx)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Full Text Search (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security Tools (nmap, Burp Suite, Nessus)