We’ve scaled fast and need a DevOps leader to scale our platform and processes. Your mission will be to take control of our already sizable AWS infrastructure using your talents to both optimize what we have and prepare us for massive growth. Your role will encompass both defining and leading IT projects, and being the principal implementer.
You will have the unique opportunity to help us connect our cloud infrastructure to the world of advanced electronics; this is where the cloud meets IoT. Plus we will let you play with all the latest toys, we are big on Docker and Ansible to name a just a few.
Meaningful Things You’ll Do:
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have overall ownership of our server infrastructure and DevOps processes and tools
- You will work with developers and other stakeholders to define priorities and projects to improve and scale our server platform.
- You will manage our expansion on server infrastructure on AWS and be the go to person for scalability and availability concerns.
- You will lead our systems management and optimization efforts, working across groups to keep us sharp.
- You will work closely with experts in data science, computer vision, and software to simply get stuff done.
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, Systems Administrator, Site Reliability Engineer, or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or LXC
- Experience with ECS and EC2, SQS, and S3
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, ARP, BGP, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Strong scripting experience, Python preferred
- Strong background in relational database technologies, Postgres preferred
- Experience managing tens to hundreds of servers on AWS or a similar managed cloud service
- Experience with Cassandra or another NoSQL database.
- Experience with Debian.
- Experience with CircleCI or Travis.
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi.
- Say what we’ll do and then do it! As a growing team, we’ve increased collaboration between roles of development and operations
- Have an attitude of shared responsibility and value building quality into the development process.
- Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this company in the first place.
- Are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
- Have great values and sense of community, while encouraging growth.
- Love what we do and love being part of a team that rewards trying new things.
- Good salaries and benefits. Who doesn’t want that?
- Stock options
- Catered lunch most days and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and delicious drinks (Hungry anyone?)
- Flexible work hours and Friday demo days/happy hours
- Relaxed office in San Mateo with a casual environment
- Company teambuilding days, fun parties, including a week in the Summer when we close up shop and go on vacation