The opportunityThe Site Reliability Engineering team at Zalando Lounge assures that the Zalando Lounge is available, reliable and efficient. As a SRE, you will work on solutions that help maintain Zalando Lounge’s platform in pinnacle form. Whether junior or senior level, we expect you to challenge our status quo and improve how we work. You will launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand - while receiving meaningful support at every step.What we are looking for
Additional Preferred Skills
What you can expect from us
About ZalandoZalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast - with micro services, Agile processes and autonomous teams - and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Taryn Bonugli (taryn.).
Desired Skills and Experience
- A degree in mathematics or computer science
- Professional experience in at least one programming language, preferably in Python.
- Experience with building or running large-scale applications
- Enthusiasm for Microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Experience with a PaaS/SaaS cloud and knowledge or experience in AWS are added advantages
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Passion to Open Source and contribute to the community
- Innovate and implement solutions to maintain availability, reliability and efficiency of the services offered by Zalando tech. Communicate effectively with our engineering teams in this regard.
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing and deployment
- One-month mentoring program
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to networking with industry leaders
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals