Desired Skills and Experience
- Troubleshooting Resolves service tickets escalated from lower tiers; identifies root-cause
- Documentation Maintains operational knowledge-base
- Development Designs, Implements, and Maintains operational tools, dashboards, scripts, and alerts
- Analysis/Design Reviews maintenance plans; proactively acts to ensure system operates as intended
- Mentorship Advises and trains team-members on best practices; helps others to expand skill-sets
- Reporting Ensures operational state of system is captured and reported
- Operation Monitors and operates the system
- Participates in a team-based culture that favors quality, automation, and rapid delivery of functionality.
- Resolves service tickets and system issues.
- Leads in issue escalation activities. Appliesknowledge learned to prevent future occurrences.
- Analyzes log files for errors and takes corrective action. Applies Comcast security policies to all systems.
- Assists inperformance analysis, capacity planning, and tuning of system workflow.
- Development responsibilities: Implements small-to-large operational scripts/systems to programmatically analyze and address system problems in at least 1 modern language (preferably Ruby, Java/Groovy).
- Creates reports, dashboards, and alerts on system operation status and system health.
- Effectively communicates status.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Some travel required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Domain Experience
Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Preferred
- Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Preferred
- Generally requires 2-3 years’ related enterprise systems support experience, with 1+years’ experience with distributed, customer-facing services.
- High level of proficiency with Linux administration and configuration.
- Experience withMaven, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical users.