With Facebook in Menlo Park CA USMore jobs from Facebook
Posted on November 21, 2018
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Machine Learning, Mobile, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
automated-tests, testing, automation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly motivated engineer to build and deploy test platforms and frameworks to our partners’ manufacturing facilities. As part of the operations engineering team, the Manufacturing Test Engineer will collaborate with our manufacturing quality, hardware validation, and hardware design teams to create and implement factory test automation and validation plans on the production line.
- Design and deploy software automation at Facebook’s global manufacturing partners to validate server, storage, network, and other infrastructure hardware.
- Debug and maintain software test frameworks. Build and implement test modules for system level, functional, and burn-in testing.
- Support manufacturing test development for new and existing designs. Write test plans and drive test coverage based on product specifications and application requirements.
- Analyze and root cause manufacturing yield issues and field failures to determine factory escapes and hardware test coverage. Use learnings to define manufacturing test strategy for new products and work with our vendors to implement new tests.
- Collaborate with hardware, hardware validation, and manufacturing quality engineering to gather product specifications and requirements and to build production validation strategies to meet Facebook’s quality goals.
- Interface with vendor IT and factory teams to build frameworks that link with ERP, PLM, and MES systems.
- Manage the implementation and execution schedule with internal and external partners. Present status and findings to peers and the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical.
- 7+ years’ experience in developing and/or implementing manufacturing test software, platforms, and solutions for computing, storage, and networking systems. Experience of the aforementioned hardware.
- Experience operating in Linux/Unix environments with knowledge of networking and network boot.
- Project management skills to track the status of deployments.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- A MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of, or practical experience with, open source test frameworks (Autotest, JUnit, or similar)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.