With VidMob in Pittsfield MA USMore jobs from VidMob
Posted on November 13, 2018
About this job
Compensation: $75k - 90k | Equity
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Advertising Technology, Creative Services, Digital Media
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: VC Funded
amazon-web-services, mysql, devops, jenkins, python, sysadmin
What You’ll Do
You will play a leading role in helping to move VidMob’s engineering team to a fully continuous process, from integration to deployment. You will implement solutions to manage and monitor VidMob’s growing platform. You’ll also create systems and tools to help the engineering team understand how their code is performing in production and play a supportive role when issues arise.
- Design and develop a highly agile infrastructure for continuous and phased deployments.
- Research and develop solutions for infrastructure monitoring and alarming.
- Research and develop new approaches to establish software engineering best practices across teams.
- Continuous improvement and iteration of our process. We continually evaluate how we work, the tools we use, and what we are doing to optimize for ourselves, our users and the whole company.
- Be a creative problem solver, who is passionate about innovation and customer experience.
Who We’re Seeking
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead VidMob’s efforts in continuous development, integration, testing, deployment, and monitoring. As Kelsey Hightower put it, we are looking for someone to be the “Special Forces” member within our organization. This person can combine both business and technical skills to help drive performance within our engineering team and platform infrastructure.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with build/configuration management using Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet/Chef and/or equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS).
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, RDS) and SQL.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.