Director, Security Analytics & Data Sci
With Comcast in Moorestown NJ USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on November 16, 2018
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Comcast Information and Infrastructure Security is the core CyberSecurity team at Comcast. TPX Security is composed of a teams of transformative security professionals expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't simply about defending our network and systems, it's about transforming the cybersecurity efforts across our company. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us!
Broadly regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key industry security roles, on the boards of national and community-based organizations, and in a number of Federal and Legislative initiatives. We have spent decades investing in technology and information security capabilities that help us protect and defend our enterprise; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best practices. The world will never be the same. And neither should you.
The Director of Security Analytics & Data Science is responsible for owning and defining the overall roadmap of the Data Science program and supporting infrastructure. Additionally, drawing conclusions, providing cybersecurity risk insight, and making recommendations based on strategic understanding of the data collected through analysis of network and system logs and threat intelligence information. Works cross-functionally and collaborates closely with other senior leaders across the organization to ensure achievement of targeted objectives. Collaborates with Security Engineering, Security Software Development, Content development and Data Science teams in pursuit of holistic cyber threat detection and advanced malware analysis program. Provide leadership and direction for team with multiple functional areas. A robust foundation of information and systems assurance in a large technology organization is required. The role will require strong communication skills, working knowledge of the cyber security field, and industry knowledge of security related products and services, and data science.
- Develops, improves, and optimize Security Log Data Management, SIEM Use Cases/Content and advanced analytics model to proactively detect potential suspicious activity indicative of potential threats to the business.
- Work with Security Architecture and Engineering teams to design and implement architecture to conduct data analysis of relevant data coming from IT infrastructure and business processes to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address cybersecurity and business fraud identification objectives
- Partner with engineering teams to deliver seamless service and analytical services to organizations within Comcast as well as Comcast commercial entities.
- Directs activities and creates programs associated with detecting and discovering hidden and persistent cyber threats.
- Establishes, evaluates, and implements performance metrics for functions supervised
- Coordinates and drives cross functional initiatives, proactively identifying dependencies and driving issues to resolution
- Acts as management lead on multiple large projects and smaller engagements in a matrix management environment. Responsible for managing and leading complex projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deployment).
- Assure feature and functionality and performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure quality and on time delivery. Ensure milestone dates are met.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization by earning the reputation for being a proactive senior leader and change agent.
- Building strong relationships both internally and externally (including vendors) as part of the technical leadership team.
- Possess a firm understanding how data analytics can help with the modern-day security challenges
- Advanced knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape
- Proven ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors
- Mastery level understanding of incident response and forensics data acquisition procedures and techniques
- Ability to present risks and propose countermeasures to senior technology executives
- Demonstrate expert skills in advanced statistical analytics and machine learning techniques with an emphasis on profiling user behavior patterns.
- Demonstrated proficient decision-making skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required
- Attends and presents at networking and technology events with members of the information security associations and other groups of interest
- Integrity: Proven champion for the highest workplace integrity, respect and diversity; committed to building a secure business environment while meeting the highest ethical standards.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Masters Preferred
Field of Study: Statistical Data Analytics, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
Certifications: Required: CISSP; CISA, CISM or GIAC
Years' Experience: Generally requires 15+ years related experience. Five or more years in a carrier class Internet Service Provider, preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.