Network Manager, Data Center
With Facebook in Menlo Park CA USMore jobs from Facebook
Posted on November 21, 2018
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Machine Learning, Mobile, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's data center footprint is constantly growing to adapt to the vast amount of new services we provide to people. This results in a dramatic scaling challenge that our engineers have to deal with on a daily basis. Not only we need to build and evolve the physical infrastructure that connects myriads of servers together, but also ensure that the network is running smoothly and meets strict performance goals. And with the introduction of our own switching software(FBOSS) and our networking products (Wedge and Six-pack) we have entered into a new era of unprecedented opportunities to re-think traditional networking and iterate quickly in an area that was previously very closed to innovation.Facebook's data center network engineering team is actively looking for a leader with a passion to solve difficult problems and innovate at fast-pace. Data center networking at Facebook is multi-faceted discipline and covers all layers, starting from physical (fiber and optics), actively using distributed routing protocols such as BGP and topping with our own software stack running on our network devices. This position is full-time and located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage engineers working within our data center networking teams to build, scale, deploy and support our global network infrastructure
- Responsible for people management of a team of engineers, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports
- Help define, and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Be a hands-on manager with deep technical experience in networking, systems, hardware and software
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, re-prioritize as needed
- Manage engineers to strengths, enable, unblock, and grow talent through coaching and technical mentoring
- Pro-actively identify resource needs, participate in recruiting efforts, and hiring to grow the team
- Identify, cultivate and grow technical leaders
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience managing an engineering team
- 5+ years of Networking or Software Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience working with networking protocols including TCP/IP, MP-BGP, MPLS, ISIS, etc.
- 4+ years of experience working with Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- 2+ years Software Engineering or Scripting experience with Python, Perl, C# or Go
- Experience designing and maintaining servers, or network equipment
- Knowledge of network hardware platforms and their specification in the data center space
- Device configuration and administration automation experience
- Time management and communication experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.