With Facebook in Menlo Park CA USMore jobs from Facebook
Posted on November 21, 2018
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Machine Learning, Mobile, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
A Systems Engineer at Facebook focuses on our hardware fleet by providing hardware agnostic APIs, device management, health tracking and a robust firmware management system. In addition, the team provides support, with a focus on provisioning, for NPI hardware programs and products to be deployed in our fleet. The Systems Engineer works with all of Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, and is sometimes embedded within those teams. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of hardware and software infrastructure technologies.
- Augment and enable software infrastructure to manage, maintain and track hardware in our growing fleet.
- Develop systems that proactively capture health status of various hardware components.
- Provide software capabilities to upgrade all elements of the hardware fleet.
- Understand provisioning software and work with production engineering teams to enable new hardware SKUs, and improve the automation of provisioning and remediation capabilities.
- Partner with technical product management, production engineering, kernel development, hardware engineering, sustaining engineering, and other related groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience coding with Python and Bash.
- 5+ years of experience in configuration and automation tools (for example: CFEngine, Chef, Puppet).
- 5+ years of experience with the Linux installation and boot-up process.
- Familiar with latest server and storage architecture and components.
- Experience with managing large scale fleets of hardware including health checks and remediation.
- Trouble shooting and debugging experience.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.