Junior Software Developer Autonomous Drones
With Dimetor GmbH in Wien - AT
Posted on December 06, 2018
About this job
Compensation: €30k - 50k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Student, Junior
Industry: Drones, Software Development / Engineering, Telecommunications
Company size: 1-10 people
Company type: Private
java, c++, cuda, kubernetes, python
We are looking for technology enthusasts to join our smart and inspiring team!
Dimetor is building a connectivity platform for autonomous drones. We help making the future of drone services happen!
As a Junior Software Developer you will be assisting our Senior developers who work at the heart of our platform. You will help them design and implement lightning-fast APIs in our backend, as well as working together with our algorithms team to incorporate and deploy their work into our server-backend. You will be working with our deployment in Docker and Kubernetes. Since we also have to talk to other systems and services from mobile network operators and aviation authorities worldwide, you will also help designing and implementing APIs with them, as well as implementing theirs.
What challenges await you?
- As Junior Software Developer, you will assist our Senior Devs in their work, as well as start to implement sub projects on your own
- You need to be able to learn the technologies we're using, and become proficient in them
What do we expect from you?
Any kind of formal education in software engineering, or self-taught knowledge (with references)
Knowledge of the following technologies, the more, the better:
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- Python 3
- C++, CUDA is a plus
- Containerized platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
Good to have :
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Knowledge in Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of mobile telecommunication technologies like LTE and/or 5G
- Aviation background or basic knowledge of aviation terms and procedures
- Experience with Agile Methods such as Scrum or Kanban.