Senior Python Engineer and Team Lead
With Addgene in Watertown MA USMore jobs from Addgene
Posted on December 06, 2018
About this job
Compensation: $110k - 135k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Full Stack Developer
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
Addgene is seeking a hands-on Team Lead to manage our Development team, provide technical direction, interface with our Product team, and write some code. This is an opportunity to work from soup to nuts on a complex Python and Django web environment that supports both our public website and our internal lab and inventory management systems.
As a Senior Engineer and Team Lead you will:
- Report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Manage a team of software engineers and co-op students, providing day to day support, 1:1 meetings, annual reviews, and guidance for both technical and professional development.
- Work collaboratively with our product team on all aspects of our Scrum process, contributing your technical expertise to the planning and execution process.
- Work collaboratively with the development team on drafting the technical blueprints for our epics and user stories.
- Design, implement, test, verify and deploy your code.
- Review other team members’ code, and have your code reviewed.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and best practices and seek out opportunities to integrate them into our code base and processes.
- Maintain your work-life balance while nurturing and growing your professional and technical abilities
We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession, and advocate strongly for hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of tech keywords. Candidates should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized individuals who want to be a part of Addgene’s mission. Specific qualifications include:
- Experience as a manager or technical lead in a professional software development environment.
- Experience working in a Scrum team.
- 8+ years of full stack web application development experience, preferably in Python and Django. This includes working all the way from schema design to the presentation layer, interacting with APIs, writing tests, and coordinating with Tech Ops on deployments and site reliability.
- Experience with common web technologies such as HTML, CSS, LESS, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, Apache, MariaDB, Linux.
- Experience with common software engineering practices, including source control (we use Git with Github), testing (we use Python unittest, Selenium and Behave), code reviews (we use Github Pull Requests), and deployment (we use Fabric and Ansible)