Software Engineer, Security
With Facebook in London - GBMore jobs from Facebook
Posted on December 18, 2018
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Machine Learning, Mobile, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, api, php
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook’s Protect and Care team is seeking an experienced software engineer with expertise in systems security to help keep people using Facebook safe from real world threats. You will help build and improve Facebook's back-end authentication systems, ensuring that the people who use Facebook can access their accounts easily while remaining secure. As a successful candidate, you will help us improve our product infrastructure through applying your passion and experience for engineering novel security systems. We are looking for someone who loves working at scale, building building bullet-proof authentication APIs, and working at the cutting-edge of usable security approaches to realize those ideas.
- Proactively develop software to support new user authentication technologies.
- Lead improvements to underlying authentication protocols and APIs
- Work with product teams to help them ensure a an appropriate level of security and usability
- Help reduce Facebook's reliance on passwords as a primary authentication mechanism
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and practical experience applying them to real-world problems
- Experience developing in a large Object Oriented codebase
- Strong communication skills
- M.S. or further study in an information security-related subject
- Experience designing APIs used by multiple customers or teams
- Knowledge of concepts around usability and usable security
- Knowledge of PHP, Haskell, Python