Desired Skills and Experience
- Lead the devs in the group to develop the right culture and methodologies within the team
- Set the KPIs for the team and work with team leads to make sure they are met
- Sign off any architecture or design within the teams
- Build the road map for our big data ecosystem and set the milestones and commitment from the teams
- Represent the data platform team and products outside the team, collect requirements and push for adoptions of new features.
- Leadership skills, ability to inspire others and good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering / related field
- At least 10 years experience in software development in agile environment
- At least 5 years experience in management of development teams
- Experience in architecting large scale systems with preference to big data
- Experience with big data technologies - Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, etc..
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues
- Experience with configuration management systems (eg. Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc) and version control (eg. git, svn)