Security Threat & Vulnerability Consultant - Location Negotiable
With Accenture in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Accenture
Posted on January 08, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
security, testing, sysadmin
Join Accenture Security and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales. Security professionals apply deep security skills to design, build and protect enterprise systems, applications, data, assets and people for Accenture and our clients.
Job Description Threat & Vulnerability Cybersecurity Consultant
** Security and Risk professionals develop and deliver solutions that protect enterprise systems, applications and data by establishing policies, practices and tools that prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or disruption. Threat and Vulnerability Management professionals perform technical security assessments to identify vulnerabilities, misconfigurations and weaknesses that may lead to unauthorized access of IT systems, applications, the data contained within or the corporate network. Optimizes or Transforms portions or overall Threat & Vulnerability Management capabilities or programs to reduce the risk of cyber attacks and breaches. A professional at this osition level within Accenture has the following responsibilities: Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately **** complex problems. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems . Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor . May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance . Decisions often impact the team in which they reside . Manages small teams and/or work efforts** (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Key Responsibilities May Include
- Delivery of IT Security Engagements
- Penetration Testing (e.g., internal, external, wireless, physical, social, etc.)
- Web application security assessments (e.g., exploiting web app vulnerabilities such as sql injection, cross-site scripting, parameter manipulation, session hijacking, etc.)
- Vulnerability assessments (i.e., network vulnerability scanning)
- Technical security assessments (e.g., Windows, UNIX, firewalls, routers, oracle, sql server, etc.) for Accenture's clients.
- Provide oversight for junior TVM testing resources
- Work with offshore delivery center testing personnel
- Interact with clients at a technical level.
- Travel 100%
- Minimum of 3 years of IT Security Testing (e.g., penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and technical security assessments
- Minimum of 3 years of server, application and network security hardening experience (e.g., design, recommend and implement security hardening technical controls)
- Minimum of 3 years of technical writing and report generation
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience that must include minimum 2 years deep penetration testing in employment along with above requirements
- Industry recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc)
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Application development experience
- Enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000 series, COBIT, IT General Controls, etc.)
- Travel 100%
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Able to meet requirements for retaining professional security certifications
- Ability to successfully pass a client background screening
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.