Open Shift Architect- Remote Plus Travel - National Position
With Perficient, Inc. in Houston TX USMore jobs from Perficient, Inc.
Posted on January 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
cloud, continuous-integration, java
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Open Shift Architect. ** Candidates can be located anywhere in the US as long as they are willing to travel.**
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third-party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
The Senior Technical Architect will provide technical direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. You will collaborate with some of the best talents in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and /or development team members.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
Design automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions, with a focus on application concerns, including cloudready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- A total of 10+ Years of Experience in IT with 5+ years as an Architect
- 4 years as an expert in application containerization management.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices around developing microservices architectures, Dockers, the software containerization technology and platform.
- Experience in application development using one either of the following: Java EE, Spring framework, .Net, Node.js etc.
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative.
- Experience in configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployments in a toolset such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with Relational databases PostGreSQL or MongoDB.
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud preferred
- Experience in Source control using tools such as GIT
- Experience in security integration using oAuth and LDAP is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Can work from any city, must be open to travel up to 50%.
- Must be able to work remotely when not traveling.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.