Practice Director - Infrastructure
With Sparkhound in Houston TX USMore jobs from Sparkhound
Posted on January 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Are you a match? We have an immediate need for a professional with a solution focused mindset to help our customers solve business challenges using technology. The ideal practice director is an individual who wants to be part of an energetic, innovative, and successful team.If you have a strong background in leading teams to build scalable, high-quality, and high-performance applications on the Microsoft technology stack, Sparkhound is interested in you joining our team.
As a Practice Director you will:
- Lead the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
- Provide the best possible customer experience by bridging the gap between Sales and Operations.
- Understand the business needs and propose a technology solution that addresses the associated requirements.
- Manage and mentor the team in the development of consultative and technical skills to maintain a high performance customer delivery team.
- Ensure the culture of the organization is upheld at all times and that direct employees are highly engaged.
- Ensure adequacy of process, and alignment with our Core Competencies.
- Maintain visibility into compliance of standards, best practices, and continual improvement of their practice quality.
- Maintain vision and direction for Practice which includes technical service offerings aligned with market
- Be responsible for the P&L of the practice.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- 4-year degree (or work experience equivalent) with 10+ years of experience with Core Infrastructure technologies. Must have experience in Microsoft Azure and O365.
- Required experience with practice leadership in a consulting environment, including staffing management
- Understands a consulting sales pipeline and demonstrates the ability to collaborate with sales team resources to advance or close sales opportunities in the pipeline.
- Proven ability to partner and support sales force and technical consultants, while leading the group toward a successful project by mitigating risks up front.
- Demonstrated sales experience to help drive business for practice area.
- Demonstrated expertise in management of Practice teams. Includes all employee reviews and decisions to hire\terminate.
- Effective coordination with General Manager to establish team goals and identify services for the company.
- Experience working with Human Resources to build a pipeline of candidates, contractors and partners.
- Proven ability to deliver budget, forecast, and management reporting
- Ability to capture customer scope and engagement requirements and develop Level of Effort, Proposal, or Statement of Work Deliverables to support the sales process.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven technical ability in several of the following roles: Management Services, Unified Communications and Collaborations, Cloud, Virtualization, General Infrastructure Services, Citrix and Cisco
Sparkhound Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.