Analyst 3, Software Dev and Engineering
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on January 18, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
clojure, web-services, testing
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through
research and analysis of functional/business needs of applicable
provisioning and support systems. Participates in software/hardware
releases, rigorous testings, installation tasks, and supports
implementation planning and other operational preparations. Devises or
modifies procedures to solve complex systems problems. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines
own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary. Works with Software Developers to support
design and development as required.
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which
programs will be written.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort.
Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and
translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and
predicts impact of a change in assigned system.
- May review proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data, and
preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost,
time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc. Recommends course
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of system interaction to ensure
success in overall architectural solution.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal
Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system
solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the
programs meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and
test procedures. Compares test results against requirements to validate
that coding is accurate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer