Specialist, IT Administration
With T-Mobile USA in Birmingham AL USMore jobs from T-Mobile USA
Posted on January 18, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sysadmin, security, web-services
To act as an agent for the continuous, effective operation of corporate systems in the T-Mobile US Enterprise, ensuring connectivity and providing world class customer service in a prompt and professional manner.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Provide Prompt and courteous customer service in relation Desktop related issues
- Coordinate with the Help Desk, via Remedy, in resolving end user issues on all corporate enterprise systems.
- Promote and implement company standards and policies and keep the Supervisor/Manager apprised of progress and issues.
- Manage the Upkeep, Repairs, Upgrades, and Relocation of workstations, phone, printer and laptop computers that function in a LAN/WAN connected or stand alone environment.
- Propose methods for improving current processes, procedures and relationships.
- Facilitate Adds/Moves/Changes of phone extensions
- Manage the support of multiple locations, which include any /all T-Mobile facilities.
- Provide installation and support for all corporate-wide, approved applications.
- The ITA functions as a remote liaison for IT Ops Enterprise Teams when needed.
- Maintaining the relationship of the local customers in their area of responsibility
- Monitor the remedy system to insure SLA agreements System Security: Duties include system security auditing, breach searching, threat evaluation, anti-virus management.
- Networking: TCP/IP, 10/100-base-t, Hubs/Switches, Routers, CSU/DSU's
- Operation Systems: Windows 2000 and Above
- Core Applications: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Reflections, Remedy, Citrix, Peoplesoft, Visio, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook
- Core Hardware: Servers/Desktops/Laptops, Printers/Plotters, Retail cash drawers, barcode scanning readers, Traditional ISA/PCI architecture Intel Based Machines.
- Ability to take and understand direction from remote support personnel
- Must be able to work nonstandard hours, nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Some travel may be required
- Telephony: Basic PBX skills to include Add/Moves/Changes within the PBX. Understanding of Voicemail System and knowledge of basic PBX commands.
- 1 2 Courses completed towards Technical Certifications
- 1 2 years of hands on computer support, preferably in a Enterprise/Call Center Environment.
- Customer service, wireless service experiences a strong plus.
High School Diploma
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.