Manager, Security Software Development
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on January 24, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, python, ruby
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
You will serve as a technical manager on a DevSecOps team that is responsible for building and running security-focused tools at Comcast. By providing these tools to engineers across the company, we strive to make security easy for other teams while upholding high standards of quality and reliability.
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of engineers who are responsible for security tool application development, operations, and maintenance
- Process requests, prioritize, project plan, and report status on efforts
- Coordinate the prompt and appropriate distribution of internal and external communications
- Attend and run meetings, both internally with teams and externally with peers and senior leadership
What You Should Possess
- Experience with modern devsecops practices & agile software development
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Awareness of a secure development lifecycle and building security sensitive applications
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams on requirements gathering and testing
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly with highly technical engineering teams
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
What success looks like
- Team delivers high-quality software that solves hard problems within a large company.
- Team is responsive to changing needs and able to deliver solutions quickly.
- Solutions make security easy for security and non-security professionals alike.
What You Can Expect
- A diverse and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of inclusion, innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
- Dynamic and changing environment with continuously improved processes focused on delivery
What We Require
- Strong software development skills: Ruby, Golang & Python in heavy rotation.
- Direct experience managing humans on a devops team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 3+ years of related experience
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer