Eng 1, Cyber Security Engineer
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on January 30, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, web-services, testing
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for working with the DevOps and Network Services teams to create, maintain, and enforce security policies effecting the platform, services and network. Responsible for securing all information and information systems assets of the Company infrastructure.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Ensures implementation of security safeguards to the Company's platforms, services and network infrastructure. Security safeguards should be in accordance with industry standards, generally accepted business practices and Company security policies.
- Collaborates with the teams to develop, implement and maintain security best practices, security tooling, and ensure disaster recovery plans are viable and current.
- Support security/vulnerability assessments/audits and threat models. Participate in development of security architecture diagrams and documents critical security components of platforms.
- Supports execution of various forms of security testing (vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, dynamic application security testing)
- Researches new and/or updated technologies as they come available that pertain to our environment.
- Performs regular penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Communicates regularly with development and supports teams regarding system status and implementation schedules.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work variable schedule(s) if necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity
Technical Skills Desired:
Linux (operating and or administration)
Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, UDP)
Programing experience in Java, Python, Shell-Scripts a plus
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 1-2 years related experience
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.