With Russell Tobin in Salt Lake City UT USMore jobs from Russell Tobin
Posted on January 31, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sysadmin, linux, r
Our client, a fortune 100 financial services company is looking for a Database Administrator
- Perform Database Administration activities as part of the Firm's Technical Infrastructure team.
- Troubleshoot disk backup and tape backup failures to determine root cause of failure Provide production support for Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, UDB DB2, Sybase Replication, UDB DB2 SQL Rep and Q Replication, Paraccel, Postgres, Hadoop, MSSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle database infrastructure globally.
- Support the following hardware: Sun v240/440/4800/420r, Dell r610/710, HP 385/585/480 Blades Continually evaluate the operations of the environment and assist in the optimization and delivery of server infrastructure Schedule maintenance jobs using Autosys Communicate and coordinate with application support and other IT support teams to provide timely responses for critical requests.
- Involves in Business Continuity plan tests across all regions related to Database infrastructure
- Adhere to company change management requirements and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Supporting the following platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3/4/5/6 and Sun Solaris 5.8/10 Database Platform: Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, Sybase Replication, UDB/DB2.
- Familiarity with disk backup/tape backup audit controls.
- Extensive exposure to Sybase ASE 15.x, ASE 12.x database administration under Linux platform.
- Strong Knowledge in Performance Tuning for Databases.
- Strong knowledge in Database Maintenance.
- Flexible to work in weekend shifts.
- Experience in Investment Banking sector will be a plus point.
- Good Interpersonal skills to interact with global Teams.
- Good experience with Incident management.
- Automation skills utilizing scripting languages, including ksh or bash and either python or perl.
- Knowledge in job scheduler; Autosys, cron jobs etc...
- Certifications such as CCNA and RHCSA or equivalent are preferred.