Infomration Security Specialist
With TracFone Wireless in Miami FL USMore jobs from TracFone Wireless
Posted on February 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
unix, linux, security
- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do :
The InfoSec UNIX Specialist who will participate in information security projects on behalf of the Information Security department, representing the group in meetings with business owners, other technical groups and outside vendors. Evaluate and develop security policies and procedures to ensure a secure computing environment. Involved in the day-to-day activities performed by the Information Security group.
- Ensures the UNIX Servers and Network Devices are regularly scanned and adequately monitored by the appropriate tools. This includes deployment or re-deployment of Tripwire, Power Broker, NetIQ, etc. In addition, ensures that alerts being generated by the monitoring tools are reviewed, resolved and documented.
- Participates in information security projects with the goal of performing them on-time, on-budget and with the highest quality standards. Ensures that new TracFone initiatives/projects and Business Change Requests (BCRs) are evaluated for their security impact and that proper security requirements and guidance are provided to maintain TracFone’s security posture.
- Represents the Information Security Group as the information security and technical Subject Matter Expert in meetings with business owners, technical groups and outside vendors.
- Ensures that SOX Controls pertaining to the Information Security Group. are consistently executed to ensure SOX compliance.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Information Security Policies & Procedures as necessary to address technology changes, business needs and evolving security threats.
- Identifies application layer security issues, performs assessments and writes security standards for various operating systems (HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, AIX), and applications (such as web servers, e-mail servers, etc.).
- Creates product requirement specifications; collaborates with IT Architects on engineering specifications and technical designs in the UNIX environment.
- Processes provisioning requests according to standard operating procedures and service level commitments in an automated identity management solution.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends security products that will assist the Information Security Group.
- As needed, assists departmental management in other assignments, special projects, etc. assigned by Departmental and Senior Management.
Minimum 4-6 years related experience with UNIX/Linux Administration and with demonstrated and proven technical and information security experience.
Advanced knowledge of UNIX /Linux Administration standards and procedures building and configuring hardened UNIX machines. Knowledge of UNIX /Linux software tools related.
Preferred knowledge of:
- Tripwire for Servers and/or Tripwire Enterprise
- PowerBroker software
- RSA envision
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with demonstrated and proven technical experience
Preferred Professional certifications:
- UNIX/Linux Administration
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)