With Hays in Raleigh NC USMore jobs from Hays
Posted on February 20, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, osx, security
DB2 DBA – Contract to Perm – Raleigh, NC
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
DB2 DBA Responsibilities:
• Install, configure, and maintain the DB2 and DB2-related tools in a z/OS environment.
• Assist with the selection and implementation of DB2 systems software tools.
• Perform DB2 DBA activities in an efficient manner including collaborating with other teams to migrate VSAM-based applications into a DB2 environment, planning and testing with other departments, reporting problems and recommending remediation measures.
• Document new technologies and applications, including DR recovery scenarios.
• Implement replication/backup/recovery of databases and database movement between environments.
• Continually monitor and maintain DB2 databases to achieve peak performance and uptime, including query performance optimization and tuning.
• Assist with capacity planning and forecasting projections to ensure optimal 24x7 availability.
• Manage database resources to ensure adequate resource availability while maximizing throughput.
• Provide root cause analysis and remediation for DB2 infrastructure issues.
DB2 DBA Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree is required. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Mainframe Systems Programmer with DB2 expertise in a DBA capacity. Version 11 experience required, Version 12 experience is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of mainframe software installation (expert level SMP/E experience), customization, and administration of IBM DB2 and third party products.
• Installation experience with DB2 is a required. z/OS, ISPF, JCL, and TSO skills are required. Reading SQL is required. Knowledge of RACF security may prove beneficial. Preference will be given to those who also have familiarity with the PEP+ application.
• Critical analysis and problem-solving skills are a must.
• Project and team management skills are a plus. Ability to mentor junior level staff is required.
• Flexibility to work with various technical and business user teams to enhance enterprise application performance and security is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• This position supports a 24/7 environment and requires on-call coverage after normal business hours and on weekends.
No relocation assistance will be provided.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued time off program
• Consultant lunches and outings
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.