With Russell Tobin in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from Russell Tobin
Posted on February 23, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, cloud, sysadmin
Our finance industry client is seeking a Citrix Engineer:
- The Design Engineer will support complex enterprise architectures by developing and implementing detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions for the desktop virtualization platform. This will include Citrix and alternative platforms such as VMware, along with cloud based desktop virtualization solutions and technologies.
- The design engineer will provide technical leadership and expertise in optimizing currently leveraged solutions and well as actively pursuing new/future desktop and application virtualization capabilities.
- Ensures that capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives are met or exceeded for a variety of small to mid-size projects. In collaboration with the team, internal stakeholders, and vendor/contractor resources, ensures viable designs, flawless execution, and seamless transition into the production environment.
- Senior level Citrix engineer/architect to help ensure stability of the platform and strategic thought. Upgrade experience. Some ad hoc installation work may be needed off hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience. - 5+ years of experience and proven engineering expertise with the Citrix, VMWare, or other desktop virtualization platform.
- Strong analytical and customer service abilities required. Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels. - Strong thought leadership abilities and a highly innovative problem solver. - High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand a complex operating environments.
- Cloud delivery experience (AWS, Azure, etc). - Implementation\architectural experience in Windows Server, VMWare, Hyper-V, Cisco (LAN/WAN), Storage Area Network (SAN/NAS), Filesystems, Disaster Recovery, Application Recovery, database administration (SQL/Oracle), Cloud Computing concepts, Grid computing concepts or Web\Database Farm concepts. - Domains: Network, Hardware, Infrastructure, Mainframe, Firmware or Active Directory.