Windows Server Administrator (Contract)
With Elan Partners in Dallas TX USMore jobs from Elan Partners
Posted on February 27, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, sql-server
Title – Windows Server Administrator (Contract)
Our client, located near 75/Walnut Hill, is looking for a Windows server ace for a 3+ month contract to help manage their production Windows clusters. The ideal candidate will be proficient in supporting Windows Server, IIS, and various SAN technologies in a multi-data center environment. Experience with WSUS and Active Directory administration is essential.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years’ server administration experience in production-facing Microsoft environments.
- Experience with WSUS, physical clusters, VMWare ESXi, SAN, NAS, and Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Experience in developing and implementing secure server policies in Active Directory, based on CIS benchmarks.
Experience in one or more below is a PLUS
- SQL Server database clustering
- Hands on storage management experience with HPE 3PAR SANs or Dell Compellent solutions
- Backup Exec or other enterprise backup solutions.
- F5 or other load balancer technology.
- Hands on experience with SSL certificate management.
- Knowledge of Akamai or other web content caching solutions.
- Knowledge of network protocols.
- Strong understanding of IIS7 and above.
- Managing environments that are PCI or SOX compliant.
- Ability to automate certain tasks with PowerShell
- Managing Linux servers