Director - Client Infrastructure Engineering
With Visa in Austin TX USMore jobs from Visa
Posted on March 01, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, automation
Corporate Information Technology (CIT) encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations. Client Engineering provides hardware and application Quality Assurance, Vulnerability Management, imaging and Active Directory configuration design/standards, Workstation Automation, and client-side infrastructure for Mac and Windows platforms. There will be interaction with engineers and key stakeholders in Project Management Office (PMO), Operations, and other Corporate IT teams.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director of Compute Engineering will be responsible for leading a globally distributed team of engineers, responsible for architecture and delivery of Compute/Deploy/Tools infrastructure and associated management solutions. In this role you will be accountable for designing and building innovative solutions to support the Visa environment, including Automation, Client infrastructure (Win/Mac), and Patching/Packaging/Deployment. Extensive experience managing engineering teams as a "Technical manager" is a must along with experience delivering high quality customer engagements and results. Knowledge and experience managing teams that provide tooling support for infrastructure is also a key requirement. Prior experience with Cloud, Virtualization, and deployment of infrastructure for client-side devices in large enterprises is also required. This position reports to the Director of Client Engineering and is based in Austin, TX.
- Provide Compute as a Service offerings to customers that are easy to consume, elastic, secure and reliable.
- Building and leading a team of highly skilled systems engineers.
- Design and implementation of innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization.
- Provide highly available, automated infrastructure solutions that are extremely secure, enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively.
- Improve processes and support methodologies by assessing need and requirements.
- Manage, triage and drive resolution of Operations escalations.
- Drive innovation and collaboration with Operations partners globally to reduce redundant work and improve efficiency.
- Manage staff, including selection, goal setting, annual reviews, and compensation planning and career development.
- 12+ years relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- 7+ years of progressive people management experience, preferably with geographically distributed teams
- Prior experience must include leadership role for mission-critical system applications supporting high transaction systems.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution. Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Must have prior hands-on experience in designing, building and implementing Saas infrastructure and client solutions.
- Must have prior experience in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned.
- Solid technology background in the Compute, Deploy and Tools space
- Excellent understanding of workstation deployment and configuration technologies. Implementing in a highly secure environment is a plus.
- Experience supporting: Apache Web Servers, IIS, AD/GPO, LDAP, PowerShell, Unix Scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Private Cloud, orchestration platforms
- Strong Hypervisor/Virtualization Experience: VMWare or KVM or Hyper-V
- Hands on experience deploying and automating for Mac and Windows platforms Expertise in one or more configuration management tool: Chef or Ansible
- Expertise in managing and configuring JAMF, SCCM and/or BigFix for managing medium & large environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Number: REF15897R