Peoplesoft Developer Analyst
With ConnectTel, Inc. in Austin TX USMore jobs from ConnectTel, Inc.
Posted on March 01, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, sysadmin, xml
Peoplesoft Developer Analyst
Duration: 3 months Potential contract-to-hire.
Location: Austin, TX
General Description :
Performs advanced computer systems analysis and programming duties in the area of Benefits Administration, Pension Administration and other HR Applications in the Applications Development section of Information Systems. Work involves project planning and coordination; analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems; systems integration; analyzing proposed computer applications; writing complex programs; and giving technical assistance to programming personnel. Responsible for PeopleSoft benefits administration eligibility rules and processing, PeopleSoft pension administration rules and processing and other core PeopleSoft HR functionality development work. Works under the general supervision of PeopleSoft Technical Team Leader, and Applications Development Manager, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Must have graduated from a four-year college or university with the last year of major coursework in data processing, computer science, business or a related field. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
Experience and Training:
· At least five years of experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools development.
· At least three years of PeopleSoft development experience with PeopleSoft HRMS, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration and/or Financials modules.
· At least three years of experience using SQL with an Oracle database.
· At least three years of experience of writing SQR programs.
· At least three years of experience of PeopleSoft PeopleCode.
· At least two years of experience with PeopleSoft Application Engine programming.
· Experience with PeopleSoft Micro Focus COBOL is a plus
· Experience with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) rule engine is a plus
· Experience with PeopleSoft XML Publisher experience is a plus.
· Experience with PeopleSoft integration with other PeopleSoft and third party applications experience using web services is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of PeopleSoft Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Base Benefits, core HR, and Financials functionality to understand ERS’ benefits, HR and Financial systems, internally and externally.
· Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS and PeopleSoft Financials Software.
· Considerable experience using SQL with an Oracle database, SQR programming, PeopleCode, Application Engine programs.
· Experience with PeopleSoft XML Publisher reporting.
· Experience with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) rule engine is a plus but not required.
· Experience with Web Services and integrating web services between PeopleSoft and third party applications.
· Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of computer programming and systems analysis; of mathematics; of computer operations procedures and systems; and of computer programming languages.
· Ability to draw flow diagrams to show pictorially the new or existing processes.
· Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
· Skill in the use of computer equipment and in modifying programs for computer applications.
· Advanced ability to process information logically; to design programs and systems logically; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug computer programs; to interpret technical information relating to computer programming and other areas of data processing; and to perform mathematical calculations.
· Must be capable of conducting design review meetings and documenting the meeting minutes.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be capable of attaining and sustaining the cooperation of other personnel within the agency.
NOTE: Vendor will conduct a criminal history check on candidate recommended for the position.