Sr. Cognos Administrator/BI Developer
With Elan Partners in Dallas TX USMore jobs from Elan Partners
Posted on March 01, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql, project-management
Title: Sr. Cognos Administrator
- Do you have 7+ Years designing, developing, and administering Business Intelligence applications, including maintenance and support activities, performance monitoring and tuning, upgrading versions, software configuration, business continuity and disaster recovery planning? Do you possess advanced knowledge of report development, data models, and administration processes in an enterprise Business Intelligence tool such as IBM Cognos? This job entails all of these aspects in addition to working with all aspects of Data Warehouse administration & other business units.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations.
- Significant experience in a large and complex business environment.
- Advanced knowledge of report development, data models, and administration processes in an enterprise Business Intelligence tool such as IBM Cognos.
- Advanced knowledge of database software (Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, etc.) as well as relational and OLAP database designs. Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise.
- Advanced experience with data visualization concepts and tools.
- Strong ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes.
- Must have advanced SQL writing skills.
- Strong understanding of the technical and functional environment. Strong skills in system administration and development experience with BI tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience required
- Administrate the BI applications. Provide a stable production environment that meets performance needs and make adjustments as needed. Resolve production issues in a timely manner including on-call support as needed and maintain audit/security.
- Working with other internal and external resources, plan and manage BI system implementations and upgrades, license management, security, auditing, and future/additional product evaluations for the business intelligence applications as needed.
- Responsible for internal customer facing activities of defining business requirements, proposing development solutions, and validating that these solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Create documentation for project plans, project status reports, timelines, project issues and risks, change requests, requirements, design, testing plans and test cases as needed for assigned projects.
- Provide the AVP Business Intelligence and DW Solutions with regular and timely status reports and benchmarking metrics of projects, issues, system implementations and upgrades. Make wise decisions regarding prioritization of work assignments.
- Communicate status of production issues (describing issue, resolution, and status) with both the business and the Business Intelligence team in a timely manner.
- Cross-train with and serve in backup administrator role for other Business Intelligence Applications team members. Coordinate with backup team members and IT monitoring departments in order to provide occasional after hours system support.
- Proactively develop, coordinate, and provide on-going training, functional, and technical direction to the super-users (content developers). Provide business and application consultation for project and support teams.
- Define and document application best practices, required standards, processes, and guidelines regarding the use and administration of the BI tools. Standardize the development process for the content developers.
- Research functionality and technical configuration within the BI systems supported by the BI Applications group and prepare recommendations for system improvements whenever possible.
- Maintain and monitor all BI environments including development, test, production, and disaster recovery.
Benefits: Fun work environment, Competitive overall company benefits, 401K, Medical, Relocation package