With Ultimate Software in San Francisco CA USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on March 04, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: Public
devops, python, go, java, perl
Ultimate Software is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse background in Software Engineering, Software Design and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. The individual will work closely with Engineering, Development, Support and business level teams, strongly emphasizing communication skills at multiple levels of the organization.
This skillset is the core of what it takes to maintain and improve upon highly visible, complex and distributed systems. We encourage an SRE to be creative, think outside the box, challenge current solutions, and collaborate with different teams to reach new levels of success and innovation.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception, to inception, including: system design consulting, and capacity planning
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through, automation, process refinement, post mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in Communications across all areas of the organization
Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
Experience with highly resilient systems as well as anti-fragility design patterns
Experience with distributed systems
Experience with service oriented architectures
Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Perl C, C++, Java or Ruby
Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies).
Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform Products
Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities
Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion (Participate in on-call rotation)
Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
BS degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with administrating ElasticSearch, Mysql, Mongo, Rabbitmq, Redis, in production environment a PLUS
- Exposure to writing SQL scripts preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, bosh, docker, mesosphere a plus
- Technical writing
- Development Background
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.