Desktop Support Specialist
With The ProSource Group in San Diego CA USMore jobs from The ProSource Group
Posted on March 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Desktop Developer, Mobile Developer, System Administrator
sysadmin, mobile, windows
Location: San Diego, CA (Carmel Valley area)
Position: Desktop Support Specialist
Pay Rate: $35.00/hr.
** Candidates for this position must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. **
One of our top clients in San Diego has asked us to assist them in their search for a Desktop Support Specialist. They want us to help them find the very best talent available. This is a 12 month contract position. A description of the position is listed below.
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for providing desktop/helpdesk support to all our clients’ internal employees. The technician will support their use of computers, applications, and mobile devices located throughout the enterprise including the home office, offsite facilities, and mobile work force. They will be responsible for resolving electronic device related hardware and software issues, seeking assistance when necessary. They will act as the primary administrator of any remote management tools. They will also participate in technology projects from an infrastructure perspective.
- Has primary responsibility to provide desktop support assisting IT clients with hardware, software, A/V (WebEx) and mobile device questions, concerns, or issues by providing one-on-one resolution to the client’s satisfaction.
- Answers and responds to IT support calls, services requests, incident tickets (ServiceNow), and e-mail.
- Administers remote management and Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools.
- Develops, fully tests, manages, and deploys computer images, including all software and OS installs and configurations included in the image.
- Documents all support efforts in the ITSM system as per procedures.
- Installs, tests, and configures workstations/laptops, software, phones, peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and software problems on customer computers and peripherals and gathers appropriate data to escalate to higher-level technicians or vendors when needed.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
- In Active Directory assigns and removes users and computers as well as resetting passwords as needed as per procedures.
- Ensures backup, recovery, and data restoration from workstations/laptops for clients during upgrades or problem diagnosis.
- Orders IT supplies including software, hardware, peripherals devices, mobile devices, etc. as per procedures.
- Supports and assist with projects and company initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years of progressive experience providing help desk and desktop support in an enterprise environment using Microsoft Active Directory
- Excellent understanding of desktop/laptop technologies including Windows 7 and 10, Office 2010 and 2016, imaging tools, BIOS updates, anti-virus, and security.
- Good understanding of computer and mobile device management tools.
- Good understanding of basic network support, VLANs, VPN, desktop firewalls, wireless, and cabling.
- Good understanding of telephony technology, VOIP, and mobile device.
- Understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Any desktop related certifications such as: MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician or MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator are preferred.
- Any network related certifications such as: CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCENT are also preferred.
Candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug screen.
For immediate consideration, please email a MS Word or PDF version of your updated resume to Justin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be reached directly at (760) 807-3930. Thank you for your time and consideration.
The ProSource Group, Inc.