Hadoop/Big Data Administrator
With ConocoPhillips in Houston TX USMore jobs from ConocoPhillips
Posted on March 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
hadoop, sysadmin, azure
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $71 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,100 employees as of Sept. 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,221 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
The Analytics Platform Administrator is accountable for managing big data environments, on bare-metal, container infrastructure, or on a cloud platform. This role is responsible for system design, capacity planning, performance tuning, and ongoing monitoring of the data lake environment. As a lead administrator, this role will also manage day to day work of any onshore and offshore contractors on the platforms team. The position reports to the Director of Analytic Platforms and it is in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities May Include
- Work with IT Operations and Information Security Operations for monitoring, troubleshooting, and support of incidents to maintain service levels
- 24/7 coverage for analytics platforms
- Monitor the performance of the systems and ensure high uptime
- Deploy new and maintain existing data lake environments on Hadoop or AWS/Azure stack
- Work closely with the various teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected. The teams include data science, database, network, BI, application, etc.
- Work with AICOE and business analysts on designing and running technology proof of concepts on Analytics platforms
- Capacity planning of the data lake environment
- Manage and review log files, backup and recovery, upgrades, etc.
- Responsible security management of the platforms
- Support of our on-premise Hortonworks Hadoop environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of related IT experience
- 3+ years of Structure Querying Language experience (SQL)
- 1+ years of experience with Hadoop technology stack (HDFS, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Ranger, NiFi, etc.)
- Intermediate proficiency analyzing and understanding business/technology system architectures, databases, and client applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or other related technical discipline
- 1+ years of experience with AWS or Azure analytics stack
- 1+ years of experience architecting data warehouses and/or data lakes
- 1+ years of Oil and Gas Industry Experience
- Delivery experience with enterprise databases and/or data warehouse platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata
- Automation experience with Python, PowerShell or a similar technology
- Experience with source control and automated deployment. Useful technologies include Git, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Experience with complex networking infrastructure including firewalls, VLANs, and load balancers
- Experience as a DBA or Linux Admin
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently with the customer
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and leverage them in data analytics solutions
- Ability to work with business and technology users to define and gather reporting and analytics requirements
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 11, 2019.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Information Management-Information Technology
Individual Contributor/Staff Level
Line of Business
Mar 4, 2019, 1:39:58 PM