With Amdocs in Dallas TX USMore jobs from Amdocs
Posted on March 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql, oracle
In one sentence
The DB specialist have the ultimate responsibility of physical and applicative database administration activities supporting the end2end life cycle of product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Experience in database problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Provide On-call Support during off- hours for Production, test and development Dbs based on criticality.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Drill as well as prepare/update necessary documentation.
- Strong understanding of hardware performance, memory and I/O
- Performs capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Implements and enforces security for all the Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Support development team to recommend changes for performance improvement as per requirement.
- Proactively performs database monitoring and performance tuning tasks.
- Participate in Project activities as required.
- Maintain high quality documentation in regard to DBA activities such as Issue tracker, project progress, etc.
- Excellent communication – ability to explain a technical problem to management.
- Be a team player. Shares knowledge. Coaches team members.
- Ability to work on high performing teams and deliver under pressure situations.
All you need is...
- Experience in performing Oracle upgrades, patching as well as migration between different OS platform.
- Experience in setting up Data Guard Physical Standby DB as well as resolve any replication issues.
- Experience in data transfer tools such as Oracle Stream, CDC, Data Pump, Storage level replication etc.
- Solid experience in Materialize d View implementation across DB using DB Links.
- Experience in managing DWH features such as parallelism, partitioning, etc.
- Experience in HSODBC/Oracle Gateway setup for cross platform DB communication.
- Strong knowledge of OEM 12C grid monitoring configuration.
- Experience in database architecture and system design.
- Experience in setting up Replication, with both Master-Master and Master-Slave Configuration.
- Experience in performing DB Migration from MySQL to Mariadb platform as well as upgrade to newer versions.
- Experience with data sharding, horizontal partitioning or Galera Cluster.
- Experience with MySQL Enterprise Monitoring Or other DB monitoring tool (OEM).
- Experience managing SQL 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Experience in setting up Always On
- Experience in upgrading/Migrating the SQL Versions
- Experience in writing scripts to monitor SQL Servers
- Experience in TSQL and SQL PowerShell scripting.
- Experience in setting up Linked Server across other DB Towers.
- Experience in creating and deploying SSRS reports as well as SSIS packages.
Why you will love this job:
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth and one of the highest scores of employee engagement in Amdocs.
- You will be able to use your specific insights into a variety of projects to overcome technical challenge while continuing to deepen your area of knowledge.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational environment for the global market leader in its field