Field Support Technician
With For The Record (FTR) in Phoenix AZ USMore jobs from For The Record (FTR)
Posted on March 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
For The Record provides courts with digital court recording confidence to give judges, attorneys and parties fast, reliable access to court recordings and transcripts. Our global group of companies has served courts for almost 100 years. Today, we are trusted with over 30,000 installations, across 62 countries.
We are currently focused on global growth with our latest industry-leading technologies driving digital transformation in the justice system. We have an ongoing goal to continue to build an enviable work culture and environment that inspires our employees. Please apply today to be considered for new opportunities.
As part of our ongoing growth, we are seeking a Field Support Technician with a customer centric focus. This role is responsible for escalated front-line customer service involving recording products throughout our Client site locations.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- With excellent customer relationship and troubleshooting skills, resolve escalated IT support requests in keeping with SLAs for external and internal customers
- Solve hardware/software issues for desktop technologies,
- Provide training to staff members for improved Level 1 and Level 2 support for external and internal customers
- Audio-Visual configuration, setup and support including video conferencing
- Provide systems support, including, after hours and on-call support of business systems
- Provide regular progress updates for current and outstanding incidents or project tasks
- Maintain accurate records for all incoming service tickets and requests
- Operating efficiently to conclude all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and system wellness
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving FTR and other products.
- Research required information using available resources;
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
- Accurately process and record onsite visits transactions using a computer and designated tracking software;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
- Present a neat and clean appearance.
- Able to demonstrate soft skills which includes: active listening, Attentiveness, clear communication, persuasive speaking, ability to use positive language, confidence, good body language, patience and self-control and ability to empathize.
- Must adhere to all state/federal motor vehicle laws.
Role Challenges and Special Working Conditions
- Position holder to be available after hours when required to support international teams and operational issues as needed
- Position holder will be required to lift over 50lbs and bend/reach for tools and equipment
- Interstate travel will be required
- Valid US driver license.
Essential work experience, qualifications and skills
related degree or equivalent work/technical experience
Experience working with remote desktop systems
Audio, AV and/or digital audio skills
Strong customer service experience
Ability to analyze and troubleshoot IT problems methodically
Basic networking skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to ensure consistency of standards/procedures & promote efficiencies
Outstanding commitment to customer service and internal & external customer experience
Capability to build strong and effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across different cultures
An ability to always maintain a positive outlook and working attitude
Windows Operating Systems experience
Experience in a Service Desk support role working with SLAs
Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and classified data
Desirable work experience, qualifications and skills
- Experience working within Court Administrations
- Experience working with users of varying technical knowledge levels
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Consistently able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Work site may require ability to navigate stairs, ladders, and confined spaces
For The Record provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, For The Record complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.