IT BI and Data Architecture Lead
With Spark Therapeutics in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Spark Therapeutics
Posted on March 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
etl, sysadmin, python
The Business Intelligence (BI)/Data Architecture Lead is responsible for the design, creation, deployment and management of the organization's data architecture. The BI/Data Architect Lead defines how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems. This role will work with business stakeholders to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. This individual will collaborate with the business to design how data will be visualized and analyzed using various BI tools and create the BI layer to consume that data.
The BI/Data Architecture Lead is responsible for the end to end vision and implementation of business intelligence technical architecture while working collaboratively with business partners, subject matter experts, and IT staff to translate business requirements into data models, data integration routines, and advanced reporting solutions that are scalable and secure.
• Work with business partners/stakeholder to identify reporting and BI requirements. Develop/support the development of customer facing reporting, data visualizations, and analytics.
• Coordinates design, development and support of data sources and usage ensuring consistency and integration with data warehouse structure
• Designs extract, transform and load logic of data, analyzes data logs for enhancing performance and increased functionality
• Designs controls and monitoring mechanisms to ensure accuracy and data integrity
• Lead BI roadmap planning and project request approval processes
• Conduct research and make recommendations on data warehouse products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Evaluate, recommend, and select data warehouse components, including hardware, database management systems, ETL (extract, transform, load) software, data mining tools, and meta data management tools.
• Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
• Diagnose and resolve data warehouse access and performance issues.
• Install and configure relevant components to ensure data warehouse access.
• Execute data warehouse configuration and performance tuning.
• Monitor system details within the data warehouse, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
• Proficiency with reporting tools, data visualization tools, data warehousing and database tools.
• Hands-On Experience with business intelligence tools: SQL Server, Microsoft BI stack, SAP BusinessObjects, or Tableau.
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting data warehouses.
• Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Knowledge and awareness of big data components such as Hive, Scala, Python, NoSQL, Scoop, Flume, Kafka.
• Knowledge and awareness of components necessary to secure and classify the data lake such as Atlas and Ranger
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Expert working knowledge of IT standards and quality methods and metrics.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Resource has over 10 years of experience in building, managing, and architecting business intelligence, data management and Data Warehouse solutions. The individual should have a background in all phases of BI/DW solutions including ETL, Data Architecture, Data Modeling, and Reporting solutions using several BI tools such as Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI, BusinessObjects, etc. The individual should also have a background in data management disciplines such as Master Data Management, Data Governance, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is preferred. Additional years of related work experience can be substituted for a lack of degree.