Senior Application Analyst
With JAB Recruitment in Houston TX USMore jobs from JAB Recruitment
Posted on March 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, sql, sysadmin
We are looking for an experienced individual, to work within our Application Management group which is part of our clients Rig Systems Division. The individual will bring expertise, knowledge, and experience to the ERP project as a key Purchasing expert with drive.
- Interface with a large number of business, technical and support users.
- Work with internal and external consultants and business users, the Application Management team
- designs, builds, implements, and maintains a globally common way of working for the Purchasing function within the ERP system
- Supports the launch and implementation of new Client’s organizations.
- Combine business knowledge and an understanding of the innerworkings and configuration options of multiple Oracle EBS modules.
- This role will facilitate and improve communication between business and technical resources.
- Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group
- Recommend business process improvements
- Research ways to identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients
- Gather requirements
- Create design documents
- Perform impact analysis for application changes
- Plan and organize tasks and report progress
- Develop solutions to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Supply Chain areas (Purchasing, iProcurement, iSupplier, AME, etc.) and Business Objects.
- Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery.
- Work with existing systems to track and manage issues and enhancement opportunities.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing.
- Understand and modify the Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options, etc.).
- Conduct user sessions for requirement and testing.
- Oracle R12 experience,
- Proven understanding of the p2p process
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- 5+ years Oracle application experience with Purchasing modules (Purchasing, iProcurement, iSupplier, AME, etc.)
- 3+ years of business experience in the Supply Chain arena.
- Knowledge of Business Objects is preferred with expertise in performing configuration and setups for Oracle Supply Chain modules.
- Verifiable prior work experience in Oracle Purchasing and Supply Chain Management required
- Ability to prepare and maintain implementation documents
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database and development tools (PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Forms, Reports)
- Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly; strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
- Interpret user requirements to determine best solution and business process
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.