Server Support Specialist (3rd Shift)
With GTN Technical Staffing and Consulting in Phoenix AZ USMore jobs from GTN Technical Staffing and Consulting
Posted on March 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, sql-server
**************************NO THIRD PARTIES, PLEASE**************************
Title: Server Support Specialist (Night shift)
Reports To: VP of IT
Contract: 1 month with potential to extend (“May” extend or convert but set as straight contract)
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Server Support Specialist I installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups, recovery, and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Working hours for the night shift position will be 11pm - 8am.
Top 3 most important skills are Windows, SCCM and AD.
- Supports and follows SOPs for maintenance tasks, and Patching, are 90% of the expected responsibility.
- Provides support and general maintenance of server hardware including contacting vendors and manufacturers.
- Troubleshoots issues escalated from other the NOC and other organizations.
- With direction from Server Support Specialist II, performs implementation of new hardware and/or software following written documentation.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Monitors the performance of systems and takes appropriate proactive steps to ensure appropriate availability.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or two years related experience and/or training and a minimum of one certifications in the following: Windows or related Microsoft technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Certification in Windows preferred.
- Previous experience with SCCM preferred.
- Knowledge of Networking preferred.
- Basic knowledge of scripting preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- A self-starter with sound problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A team player.