Sr. Red Hat Engineer (Remote/Travel)
With World Wide Technology in Dallas TX USMore jobs from World Wide Technology
Posted on March 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
ansible, amazon-web-services, devops
Sr. Red Hat Engineer
As an engineer within the Professional Services team, you'll participate in the design and creation of complex solutions, including Ansible by Red Hat, Red Hat CloudForms, Openshift, and the integration of industry leading technologies. Our customer base spans across all the major verticals, such as retail, healthcare, and financial and industry experience in any of these verticals is highly desired.
Candidates must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver complex solutions to our customers. Candidates must have the ability to hold and lead conversations with leadership and engineering minded people, with good presentation and communication skills. Candidates will have skillsets with a strong understanding of Red Hat solutions and must be able to communicate clear and concise complex business strategies.
- Champion the Delivery Engineer effort of Red Hat solutions including OpenShift, CloudForms, Ansible by Red Hat, and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Responsible for creating documentation for Red Hat solutions including OpenShift, CloudForms, Ansible by Red Hat, and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Act as a mentor and servant leader for new Emerging Services hires
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfers and mentor-ship to peers as required
- Must be able to present on program goals, business goals, status and organization updates
- Must be able to identify, manage, and resolve conflict
- Must be a strong creative problem solver
- Responsible for identification of additional business opportunities
- Must have the ability to identify and address risk before problems occur
- Must understand the technologies in play and how they help meet customer business goals
- Must have the ability to indirectly or directly manage Engineers and maintain a team
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
5+ years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience
Technical knowledge and actual experience with Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat OpenShift or Ansible by Red Hat
Fundamental understanding of cloud computing components
Knowledge of or familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS); VMware vSphere or Microsoft Azure are a plus
Previous experience with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Scripting or programming experience in languages like Bash, Ruby, or Python is a plus
Prior Red Hat product certification; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or other relevant certifications are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or related field
- Minimum of 5 years combined project management & engineering experience
- Operate with the highest level of professionalism, personal integrity, and accountability
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to think outside the box
- Expert in crisis management who can quickly translate learnings into operational improvements by driving root cause analysis and detailed remedy plans
- Strong customer facing skills, including fully developed presentation skills
- Communication skills -- able to highly articulate and convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner both to motivate the team, and in times of high pressure
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and solutions
- Strong technical foundations and experience across multiple technologies
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at http://www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled