With CGI in Dallas TX USMore jobs from CGI
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql, c
Job Description Application DBA
CGI has an immediate need for a Application DBA to join our financial services team in Dallas, TX or Columbia, SC. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
- We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
- Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
- We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Application DBA must be able to work independently, handling DBA activities in a high-pressure environment. This requires excellent communication and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, in order to deliver.
- Responsible for the application schema in local environment (Capacity Planning, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Packages, Performance Tuning etc. specific to the schema)
- Responsible for coordinating all requests to Database Shared Services for the development environment
- Conduct Performance Tuning, Query Optimization initiatives and assist the team in troubleshooting and resolving performing related issues.
- Responsible for DB MOD changes
- Create and maintain physical data model
- Expertise and Hands-on experience developing PL/SQL code as per the solution specifications
- Support System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed
- Participate in Production Implementation Planning
- Perform the data Backup (export) and restore (import) for Development/ Test Environments
- Responsible for database capacity planning/space management/entitlement management of the schemas etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to interact with various stakeholders at different levels such as PMs, SAs, developers, testers etc.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and take accountability is a must.
- Working experience in a fast-paced Agile/Kanban/Scrum environment.
Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
- 5 + years of experience
- Oracle and SQL Server Database Administration
- Application support, not database/server support
- Advanced Performance Tuning
- Advanced PL/SQL Programming
- Data Modeling
Preferred But Not Required
- Oracle 12c database experience
Bachelors in Computer Science preferred
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at http://www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.