Energy Components Lead
With ConocoPhillips in Houston TX USMore jobs from ConocoPhillips
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
unix, sql, sysadmin
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 16 countries, $70 billion of total assets, and approximately 10,800 employees as of Dec. 31, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,242 MBOED in 2018, and preliminary proved reserves were 5.3 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2018.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
The Energy Components (EC) Lead position provides technical and functional leadership for the Energy Components application.
Responsibilities May Include
- Provide consultative and advisory support, application support, work demand management, project management and business analysis for business units that use Energy Components.
- Understand the EC solution toolset, features and functionality in order to provide IT aligned solution recommendations.
- Serve on Energy Components Advisory Boards to contribute to the advancement of the solution.
- Organize and coordinate IT and business testing to ensure smooth implementation of application enhancements, bug fixes and upgrades.
- Design, implement, and monitor technical solution
- Perform application upgrade activities
- Provide technical support, diagnose and resolve general or system level problems
- Create and update process documentation
- Work ServiceNow incidents, tasks, and change requests
- Provide support/oversight for application developers
- Develop strong, positive relationships with other IT groups and business teams
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, MIS or other related technical field
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience
- 3+ years of experience with SQL in relational databases
- 1+ years of experience using TOAD for Oracle, OpenText Exceed, PuTTY, Windows RDP, etc.
- Ability and willingness to provide 24x7 support
- Experience using Unix Server (command line, vi Editor, Cron Scheduler, etc.)
- Experience using ServiceNow (Incidents, Tasks, Changes, CMDB, etc.)
- Experience with BatchIR
- Experience with the Energy Components application
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and an intermediate knowledge in Excel
- Working knowledge of scripting (SQL script, Unix script, etc.)
- Methodical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly via email to a globally diverse user base
- Ability to multi-task and easily switch/resume tasks in a team environment
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities with a focus on details
- Responsible to own and deliver on commitments
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 26, 2019.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Information Management-Information Technology
Individual Contributor/Staff Level
ENTERPRISE & L48 IT SERVICES
Line of Business
Mar 12, 2019, 3:15:05 PM