IT Executive Support
With Murray Resources in Houston TX USMore jobs from Murray Resources
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Position: IT Executive Support (Fleet)
Location: Houston, TX and commuting to Galveston 2x per week
Travel: Occasional travel domestic & international
Salary: $60k-$75K (Based on experience)
**Must have experience working offshore or with fleet transportation and eligible to get a TWIC Card. **
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically related field
- Microsoft Operating System and related software components, PC and telecommunication protocols, devices and methods
- Infrastructure components: Switches, hubs, PC Hardware and software, Internal software and navigation
- Excellent Technical and non-technical communication skills
- Share and acquire knowledge on IT processes to bring solutions to the users
- IT Suppliers - Ensure quality delivery on services, and monitor work and SLAs
- Provide call request management, problem management, change management, network desktop support, basic network management and application system support for Fleet users via onsite attendance, remote control, email, telex and phone support
- Provide on system upgrade, maintenance and user training to remote and global ranging fleet vessels In-charge of Procurement of IT Equipment’s for the Vessels
- Provide 2nd Level support for the Ship related IT issues.
- To assist with the implementation of IT applications and infrastructure projects on shore and where required onboard ships.
- Test and deploy new Fleet IT and Communication Technology as required.
- Conduct day-to-day field support operations in Galveston office including incident management, problem management, service request management, and access management to meet the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide Day to Day Level 1 and Level 2 IT Support to a Fleet of ocean-going tankers and Lightering Support Vessels as well as performing LAN upgrade works for ships in dry dock.
- Day to Day Support: Via SIP, Satellite, Cell and Terrestrial phones to guide vessel to overcome IT issues Via Remote Connection, Email, Messaging tools and Telex to guide vessels to overcome IT issues. Monitoring Fleet Voice and Data Communications
- Ad Hoc boarding at sea of ships in need of ICT support and IT health check works o Fleet ICT Upgrade works
- Managing vessel’s ICT upgrade Project during ship’s scheduled drydock and upgrade her LAN and Satellite Communications Systems.
- Perform actual attendance to ship in yard to affect the upgrade.
- Tasks include Planning, Procurement, On Shore Preparation, Logistic Arrangements/Shipping, Satellite Communications Integration, on site Setup and commissioning and Training.
- Log all shore or Fleet IT requests and incidents on the global help desk, answer all requests regarding IT service problems (hardware / software), ensure the call is logged and feedback is provided to requestors on progress until call resolution.
- Provide first and second level support for Fleet and Galveston office infrastructure issues, diagnosing and troubleshooting information technology-related issues including Server, Desktop, Laptop and Satellite Communication/network hardware.
- Where required, escalate to the third level internal (e.g. Infrastructure) or external third party; tracking the call to successful completion. This include the ability to identify failed equipment, systems on shore, fleet systems and Galveston office and initiate replacement process
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- When performing duties of this job: The employee is regularly required to climb, sit and use hands to finger, handle and feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will at times be able to lift up to 50Lbs.
- The employee is regularly required to be able to manage the fear of boarding of small boat and large vessels at sea via a pilot’s ladder or on a basket lifted by a crane.
- Ability to work and prioritize multiple tasks. Able to work with people. Ability to manage multiple projects. Strong relationship building skills with customers and co-workers.
- Willing to travel when required - Must be willing to be on call 24 X 7 - Must be alert to surroundings
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.