Operations Engineer, Exchange/Skype for Business
With Comcast in West Chester PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sysadmin, web-services, continuous-integration
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards
This position is part of the Workplace IT Experience team focused on evolving internal IT services for reliability, agility and user experience. The role focuses on Exchange and Skype integrated infrastructure including both on-premise and cloud-based solutions. Responsibilities include infrastructure and enterprise solutions support primarily focused on evolving on premise infrastructure, further migration to cloud services in Office 365, voice and video collaboration, productivity, wireless user experience, mobility, remote access, security, monitoring and automation.
The successful candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively across the business stakeholders set, work closely with technical resources for deployments, agilely execute technology research and take a role in evolving the enterprise Workplace IT Experience platform. Will possess the ability to engineer and operationally support Enterprise Email Services, Skype for Business and Directory Services in a large enterprise infrastructure. Familiarity and support of Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and hybrid integration into the enterprise. The role is a concentration on Exchange and Skype for Business and the integrated technologies.
Required Skills for this work shall include:
- Systems engineering and operational support of Exchange and Skype in a large enterprise infrastructure. Familiarity with Office 365 and hybrid integration into the enterprise.
- Proven functional experience to resolve break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary as well as partners, leads and vendors to achieve continuous improvement
- Exchange Enterprise Email and Skype Services maintain a highly redundant on-premise Exchange and Skype for Business infrastructure including expertise supporting but not limited to:
- PowerShell scripting for Exchange and Skype administration a must
- Expertise with Exchange 2013/2016 with O365 Exchange Online integration
- Experience supporting hybrid Exchange environments utilizing modern authentication
- Knowledgeable of Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) and integrated relay solutions
- Proficient in managing mail flow connectors and transport rules
- Experience with HA and DR via cross-site clustering (DAG)
- Management of Exchange legal hold processes for discovery litigation
- Understanding of Exchange Edge and O365 cloud integration
- Familiarity with perimeter mail flow via hygiene and security systems
- Experience with managing Skype 2016 with O365 integration
- Expertise managing various Skype roles including IM, conferencing and group chat
- Centralized administration and delegation of authority
- Documentation of Exchange/Skype configuration, change and incident management
- Experience with monitoring solutions for Authentication performance and availability
- Experience with Networking Load Balancing technologies such as GSLBs and VIPs
- DNS-based naming and other information
- IPv6 on Windows Servers
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
Certifications: MCSE and/or ITIL is a plus
Years' Experience: Generally, requires 5-7 years related experience
Responsible for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database, and/or Tools Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications, back-office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment. Focuses on architecting, building, deployment, services, systems, and tools. Drives standardization and service focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise. Resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary and partners/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement.
- Develops solutions for very complex and wide-reaching systems engineering problems.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities: Provides in-depth knowledge of Operating System internals to aid in troubleshooting complex problems.
- Storage and Backup responsibilities: Sets up, troubleshoots, and tunes complex SAN software issues.
- Scripting responsibilities: Proficient at scripting with PowerShell. Utilizes professional best practices in day-to-day work like revision control, unit testing, or other.
- Networking responsibilities: Recommends or helps architect an entire system, including network design and topology. Knowledge of load-balancing technologies is a plus.
- Application Technologies responsibilities: Provides expert recommendations and advice to the team and/or department in the areas of web services, OS, and storage, including being an active liaison to Development, QA, and the Business.
- Crisis Management/Troubleshooting-Analyzes systems and makes recommendations so problems do not happen in the first place. Takes lead on issue resolution activities, using knowledge of complex and company-wide systems.
- Change Management-Foresees issues and impact of change prior to the implementing the change.
- Monitoring, Metrics and System Quality-Leads end to end audit of monitors and alarms based on subsystem knowledge.
- Capacity Management-Analysis encompasses entire network of systems. Leads the development of complex scaling models for capacity planning and financial understanding
- Time Management-Ability to multi-task and prioritize with little to no supervision. Can provide team leadership skills for further gains in efficiency.
- Project Management-Oversees technical details of project from inception to launch, integrating known lessons-learned, and feeds new lessons learned back into common repository. Delegates to other technical resources while setting direction
- Communication-Provides feedback for organization-wide issues. Documents processes and procedures to be used by a wide audience. Be able to articulate expertise of various subsystems.
- Ownership-Takes ownership of policies and procedures that the organization uses, and adjusts accordingly based on feedback and observations. Acts as a mentor to more junior technical staff.
- Training-Takes a diverse set of training beyond immediate technical domain.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, qualified disability or veteran status, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, sex or any other legally protected category.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer