Professional Technical Support Specialist
With Alert Logic in Austin TX USMore jobs from Alert Logic
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
unix, linux, windows
Location: Austin TX office
The Professional Technical Support Specialist will leverage strong technical skills and equally strong customer service skills to confidently lead partners and customers through diagnosis and resolution of complex problems with a high degree of customer satisfaction. You will provide training to Alert Logic partners and customers so they can better understand the usage of our products and services.
- Effectively manage multiple issues, accurately prioritize tickets, and manage issues to ensure timely resolution through established incident and problem management practices.
- Perform initial research, prioritization, and troubleshooting of Incidents and/or Service Requests.
- Situational awareness of the dependency on business impact and urgency in determining priority levels of service tickets.
- Exercise critical thinking and independent judgment in selecting troubleshooting methods and techniques to mitigate issues
- Provide effective incident resolution with enthusiastic customer service
- Acquire new knowledge through operational experience
- Document operational experience as knowledge base articles
- Document issues which result in negative partner and customer experiences
- Guide and train partners and customers on advanced usage of the Alert Logic user interface and services
- Be a single point of contact for partners and customers with outstanding critical issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of technical support experience
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills
- Flexible working hours and able to work on call if necessary
- Experience with incident management tracking systems (Case or Ticket Management)
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology (Amazon Web Services, MS Azure, or other)
- Basic support experience with Unix/Linux interpreting system statuses and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of Windows systems administration
- Understanding of secure websites and network traffic
- Basic working knowledge of networking appliances: firewalls, switching and routing
- Working knowledge of server logs: Unix/Linux System logs, Windows Event Logs
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience