Senior DevOps Engineer - 100% Remote - Canada/UK/USA
With Sonatype in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Sonatype
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
maven, amazon-web-services, sysadmin
Sonatype has been at the forefront of crafting solutions to manage, organize, and better secure components since the inception of the Central Repository and Maven in 2001. More than a trillion dollars is spent annually on software development, and we aim to help application teams do that better and faster. Our mission is simple – help the world build better software, even faster. This is done by providing unprecedented visibility combined with the guidance needed to make the best selections from the open source ecosystem as early as possible, and enabling teams to choose wisely from the beginning. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Sonatype Operations team.
The team has a wide range of responsibilities to build, scale, and maintain the company’s technical infrastructure, including Maven Central, CI, and hosted data services. Some of the technologies we use include Terraform, Ansible, many AWS services, and Datadog.
We are a 100% remote and talented product development group, and we work in small collaborative teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship and having an impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
- Ensure the proper functioning of Sonatype SLAs and critical systems by implementing metric based monitoring, executing troubleshooting tasks, maintaining a functional and detailed RunBook, and participating in an on-call rotation
- Work closely with Sonatype development teams to define product-specific metrics and remediations through system analysis, testing, and fault troubleshooting
- Develop infrastructure automation that codifies best-practices into repeatable, reliable, and modular architectural components
- Design scalable and highly available architectures for new systems in collaboration with Development and Operations teams
- 4+ years experience running and tuning high availability systems and supporting infrastructure
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g., BASH, Python) to build automation
- Experience developing software in any language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems under pressure
- In-depth knowledge and experience with AWS, Linux systems, database technologies, and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A deep curiosity and interest in exploring new and familiar systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team