Senior Infrastructure Architect
With Acxiom in Austin TX USMore jobs from Acxiom
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, cloud
As an IT infrastructure architect you will leverage knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including Cloud computing, storage area networks, virtualization, server hardware, operating systems, networking, business applications, and security infrastructure to help document, shape, and direct the technology roadmap for Acxiom and for our clients. You will work directly with senior executives and leadership to identify and address technology gaps, strategic goals, and business imperatives impacted by infrastructure technologies. You will suggest new technologies or new approaches to achieve business goals; develop methodologies to integrate technology innovation with existing governance and enterprise architecture processes; provide fully costed solution architecture to meet client and prospective client requests; maintain and update documentation related to organization-wide IT activities and technology roadmaps; and communicate progress and direction through formal presentations, collaborative meetings, and content publishing to mixed audiences.
What you will do:
• Ensure that all capabilities delivered align with original business objectives, service levels, IT strategies and design intent.
• Understand and align technical requirement to business and financial objectives and provide mentoring and guidance to associates
• Possess a sound understanding of Acxiom functional and business objectives that drive and shape technology requirements and design deliverables.
• Create and maintain reference architecture for Acxiom infrastructure solutions
• Accountability and oversight responsibility for successful delivery of projects
• Oversee the infrastructure architecture of one or more client environments and are to be considered a subject matter expert for the entire environment within the datacenter
• Collaborate with the client to obtain the solution and associated infrastructure requirements
• Design and document the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture
• Serve as the technical subject matter expert for implementations, ensuring the implementation adheres to the proposed design
• Engage in project communications with the client using a consultative approach, anticipate obstacles, and recommend solution options to mitigate
• Provide cost estimates and create cost model for the solution implementation process and ongoing production support of the solution
• Moderate Architectural Review for solution proposals, drive guidelines and documentation, etc.
• Ensure infrastructure solution designs fulfill functional and technical requirements, adhere to processes and standards, and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs.)
• Accountable for accuracy, process, integrity, quality and stewardship of client infrastructure solutions
• Closely partner with development and delivery partners to assess feasibility, complexity and scope of new capabilities and solutions.
• Provide advanced technical expertise, oversight and accountability for resolution of outages, service level issues and other events in partnership with support teams.
• Closely partner with information security in ensuring all applicable security and compliance standards and requirements are incorporated into solution design.
What you will need:
• Requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; advanced degree can be considered in lieu to experience.
• Ability to multi-task, managing multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifting attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into IT solutions.
• Ability to articulate end-to-end technical requirements across delivery functions.
• Extensive experience of designing, developing, testing complex infrastructure solutions to support distributed, scalable and highly available applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
• Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
• Good capabilities around capacity planning and analysis.
• Understands systems dependencies and interrelation to the business.
• Able to analyze complex cross-functional and cross-platform issues.
• Able to define process improvements.
What will set you apart:
• Understanding of the competitive IT landscape from both a business and technical perspective
• Delivery owner of large scale or highly complex IT solutions
• Experience in designing and deploying highly available and fault tolerant services and solutions to address BCP/DR requirements
• Experience with IaaS (conceptual and/or practical), including software defined infrastructure (e.g., network, storage, etc.), defining service catalogs, etc.
• Experience in designing and deploying solutions with virtualization and cloud management technologies (e.g., VMware, KVM, OpenStack, etc.)
• Experience in designing and deploying solutions with external Cloud providers (ex. AWS, Azure)
• Experience with ITILv3 and ITSM and good understanding of Service Management and Operations
• Experience with server hardware Vendors (e.g., Dell, IBM, Cisco), including rack-mount and blade servers
• Experience with storage hardware, file systems and protocols (e.g., EMC, IBM, NetApp, etc.)
• Experience with operating systems including Unix, Linux and Microsoft Windows
• Understanding of or experience with various network (including firewall and load balancers) and security technologies (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto, A10, etc.)
• Understanding of and/or experience with monitoring tools #GD17