Sr. DevOps AWS Engineer
With SoftClouds LLC in San Diego CA USMore jobs from SoftClouds LLC
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
amazon-web-services, c, sysadmin
Job Overview: SoftClouds LLC is looking for a Sr. DevOps AWS Engineer/Lead and would need to have strong knowledge of large level Amazon Web Services Systems automation experience and be able to mentor someone on this.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build highly great relationships — both on-site with the customer and back at the office with your colleagues.
- Champion the development and maintenance of an agile partnership between development and IT/operations.
- Effective monitoring, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Automation of all the above, including creative dashboarding for relevant views of application, infrastructure, and business metrics.
- Champion improvements into the product based on ease of troubleshooting, monitoring, assurance, etc.
- Working on call/out of hours for critical customer Incidents.
- In this role, you will help to help to bring out the best ideas from the best engineers by empowering them and leading by example.
Required skills and experience:
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology with a minimum of 5-8 years of hands-on software development experience and 2+ years working in a Delivery or Operations team.
- Hands-on AWS experience and Good scripting skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying DevOps principles and practices.
- Experience with provisioning, configuration management, and deployment technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.
- Experience scaling services and maintaining multiple environments.
- Working knowledge of a key data storage/processing technology such as Aurora, MongoDB, MySQL, and Hadoop.
- Experience with git, yum, nuget, rpm management.
- Candidates must be comfortable operating in an environment where constructive dissatisfaction with the current state is expected, and leading large-scale change is a must.
- Ability to think and act strategically for all stakeholders.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field required.
U.S. Citizens/GC/GC EAD are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. NO C2C or third-party agencies.
SoftClouds LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, SoftClouds LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment.