Sr Devops Engineer
With M3BI LLC in Phoenix AZ USMore jobs from M3BI LLC
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
amazon-web-services, cloud, sysadmin
Role: Devops Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Onsite)
Duration: FTE with M3bi/Long term contract
• Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures.
• Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
• Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
• Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud stack.
• Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
• Write and maintain infrastructure documentation
• Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts
• Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues.
• Full stack development opportunities depending on the candidate's capabilities
• Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (RHEL), and Windows systems knowledge a plus.
• 3+ years managing Amazon Web Services (Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, ELB, ASG, etc.) is required, as well as a solid understanding of the different services AWS provides
• Experience with container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, Swarm).
• Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven or Gradle)
• Strong professional experience automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using Ansible, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks or other equivalents
• Understanding of AWS VPC, network management, and datacenter operations
• Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
• Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
• Evangelize scalable operational practices and play an active role automating and enforcing the same.
• Work closely with the development teams to provide high quality, highly available, and dynamic solutions.
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Layer 3 and Layer 7 load balancing, etc.)
• Be an excellent and creative problem solver. You don’t need to know everything but you need to know how to find the solution.
• Strong scripting experience in one of the following; Python (preferred), PowerShell, Ruby, Bash
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices is a plus