With VincentBenjamin in Phoenix AZ USMore jobs from VincentBenjamin
Posted on March 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, chef, sql-server
Our client in the East Valley is currently seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to join their growing team.
Duties & responsibilities
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge and skills in network topology, infrastructure, and operating systems to include CHEF, Windows, Linux, Hyper-V, VMware, SAN, Backup, DR/BC.
- Maintain server documentation on hardware/software.
- Provide primary support for servers identified by the Senior Server Administrator.
- Provide secondary support for all other servers as needed.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, SAN systems, other systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Install, test, and manage existing and new servers and software including such systems as file servers and database, among others in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provide technical assistance related to daily and assigned use; Assist users and desktop support staff in identifying source of, and correcting errors.
- Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems; recommend or perform remedial action.
- Collaborate with IT Security Manager and other IT staff as necessary to implement, update and test ongoing security improvements including regular and timely operating system patches, security patches and other application updates as necessary to all server hardware and infrastructure.
- Participate in off-hour support rotation as it relates to the Server environment.
- Monitor and create regular management reports that track usage, performance, capacity, growth trends, etc., as it relates to the company hardware/software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, plus 2 to 5 years of relevant infrastructure experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in server topology, infrastructure, and operating systems.
- Preferred skills in
- CHEF o Microsoft server o Red Hat Enterprise
- MS Hyper-V o VMware ESXi and Horizon View
- Rubrick Backup
- Cisco UCS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a wide variety of company personnel, including senior management, as well as outside vendors and consultants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.