Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
With T-Mobile USA in Bellevue WA USMore jobs from T-Mobile USA
Posted on March 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sysadmin, design, web-services
Job responsibilities include designing, optimizing & trouble-shooting T-Mobile's Core Network platforms and applications that provide Voice/Data/IMS services. Role interacts with multiple Engineering, Operations & QA teams in designing robust network solutions, formulating instructions for certifications and production deployment. This position also interacts with Business teams and external vendors in shaping new market deliverables and network solutions. The position requires strong technical and analytical competency, as well as effective interpersonal skills including communication with senior leadership team.
Join Network Technology Today!
- Define technical requirements for core network elements based on business and product requirements and work effectively with other design teams and vendors in designing new solutions on existing / upcoming products.
- Partner with the lab validation team in the certification of new design, reproduce production issues etc.
- Provide end-to-end design support for network element deployment and overall service design.
- Support major hardware and software upgrades working with vendor(s) to ensure seamless operation as the network architecture evolves.
- Troubleshoot production issues including collecting and analyzing interface traces
- Provide support to Engineers in the team on project design, testing and deployment activities
- Review and update appropriate design documents
- Work with the Performance teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platforms and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
- Work with Capacity Planning teams on the capacity forecast for the related nodes and plan necessary expansion or optimization to ensure non-compromised network performance.
- Understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT and ANSI.
- Profound knowledge of telecom core network architecture and related signaling interfaces.
- Experience working on any of the Voice/Packet/IMS core network elements such as PGW, PCRF, MME, TAS, SBG, AAA, HLR/HSS, DRA etc
- Strong background in the use of protocol analyzers and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark to determine cause and provide solutions to signaling related issues.
- General knowledge of TCP/IP network architecture, and network redundancy failover protocols, CCNA not required but would be a plus.
- Experience with at least one scripting language and familiarity with UNIX systems
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Experience in evaluating answers from vendors and guiding the roadmap for the platforms
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual who can provide technical leadership
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Strong negotiation skills
- Willing to learn and experiment with new ideas and solutions with a strong passion for technology
- B.S Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline with emphasis in Wireless Telecom technologies is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relative work experience is required.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.