Sr Engineers, Systems Design
With T-Mobile USA in Bothell WA USMore jobs from T-Mobile USA
Posted on March 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
unix, sysadmin, project-management
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, System Design located in Bothell, WA will work in a systems administration position involving management of multiple Unix servers in highly dynamic production and non-production environments, working as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities and providing advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for enterprise-wide applications, including billing and reporting running on the AIX platform.
- Provide senior level technical support for Unix related project activities.
- Use HMC Scanner, AIX memory use analyzer, and VIOS Performance Advisor to build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements.
- Participate in driving platform maturity by collaborating with peer Engineers, Architects, and Vendors in line with IBM AIX hardware and software roadmaps.
- Evaluate hardware and software requirements and influence purchase decisions for IBM server and storage platforms.
- Configure and tune hardware and software with AIX memory use analyzer, VIOS Performance Advisor, and Java Performance Advisor to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
Skill requirements:- (1) Building, configuring, and administrating complex hardware platforms in enterprise HP-UX, IBM AIX, and Sun Solaris Unix environments to support back office operations and billing;
- (2) Independently installing and configuring enterprise class IBM AIX Power Servers and layered software;
- (3) Utilizing monitoring tools including Glance, Preview, Top, and ITO;
- (4) Utilizing shell scripting and programming languages KSH, TCL/Tk, PERL, and AWK to administer the enterprise server and operating system platforms;
- (5) Configuring enterprise data storage in a SAN or NAS based environment; and
- (6) Utilizing Veritas clustering software and techniques, packages and package failover, and SAP Basis.
Experience and education requirements:
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience.
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Location: Bothell, WA
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
- This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
- Visit www.tmobile.jobs.
- Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 120129BR.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.